Meet Kathi Kersznowski, a Technology Integration Expert in New Jersey. She enjoys her responsibilities in a public school system as educational technology leader for her entire district and beyond. She says that the very best part of her job is the people that she serves—the teachers!
Kathi is also proud to work for a premiere Microsoft Global Training Partner called insight2execution (i2e) as a Professional Learning Specialist. Additionally, she is the owner of an Educational Technology Consulting business called Integration Innovation, LLC. She is a blogger, a keynote speaker, and a global presenter on various educational technology, STEM/STEAM, global education, and leadership topics. She enjoys traveling nationally and internationally to edtech conferences to learn and present.
Kathi has presented many times at national conferences such as ISTE and TCEA. She has proudly co-presented about the importance of creating global connections on the Arena Main Stage at BETT in London and also in Microsoft’s Learn Live Theatre. She has done keynote speeches on things about which she is most passionate – including Global Learning: It Makes a World of Difference, and Purposeful and Relevant Technology Integration
In her past career lives, Kathi has worked as an elementary teacher, a special education teacher, and a computer teacher, and she even holds a master’s degree in School Administration . . . which she hasn’t actually used—yet! Kathi is a voracious lifelong learner. In addition to being a proud MIEExpert, Microsoft Master Trainer, Minecraft Certified Trainer, and Skype Master Teacher, Kathi is an ambassador for several popular edtech companies, including Flipgrid, Wakelet, Merge, Buncee, Empatico, Genially, Novel Effect, Seesaw, and the #TeachSDGs movement. Kathi is the most recent recipient of Flipgrid’s highest honor: Student Voice Champion of the Year.
Kathi can often be found fervently interacting on Twitter, attending edcamps on weekends, reading blogs, catching webinars, being a guest on podcasts, attending education conferences just for fun, and even organizing local coffee meet-ups to have a chance to chat with other fun educators. Kathi is the creator of the original #LearningInTheLoo movement globally, and she’s also the creator of some Flipgrid-themed favorites you may know: #Fliphunt, #FlipmojiScenes, and the inaugural #Flipathon.
- Named in the 100 NJ Educators to Follow on Twitter
- Featured on the Women in Education Leadership podcast
- Interviewed about Microsoft’s Learning Tools for the #Edtechchat podcast
- Interviewed about her book and all things Microsoft for TNT EdTech Podcast
- Featured on Ditch That Textbook podcast to speak about her idea to use Flipgrid for a fun digital scavenger hunt called a Fliphunt
- Featured on the Flipgrid Voice Rockstar blog
- Highlighted on Flipgrid’s Blog for “Let’s Go On A #Fliphunt…with Kathi K”
- Quoted in “106 Experts Share Their Thoughts on the Future of Education”
- Facilitated the certification process for Future Ready Schools New Jersey for all eleven schools in her district
- Published in ASCD Inservice, Disrupt ED Magazine, and the Edcamp Newsletter
- Founder of Edcamp Happy Camper
- Awarded Flipgrid’s Student Voice Champion of the Year
When she remembers to focus on that “life” part of “work/life balance,” Kathi most enjoys traveling with her husband, Matt, and son, Ryan, fairly often to Florida where her parents live. She also just loves a cozy bonfire, being out in nature, drinking really strong coffee and lots of it, doing a little saltwater fishing and crabbing, baking up a storm, going out for a flight, planning new vacation adventures, reading nonfiction mysteries, taking long Jeep drives with the roof off, slurping down some raw oysters, tent camping, kayaking, taking too many photos, and enjoying ridiculously long midday naps. Connect with Kathi on Twitter @kerszi.