If the Bitmoji Classroom craze has taught us anything, it’s that you can do all sorts of creative things by adding hyperlinks to objects. I’ve seen teachers create really fun “all about me” assignments with room creations, locker decorating, door decorating, and even hydroflask decorating challenges for their students. If you’ve tried any of these, you know how fun they can be.
Last week I started playing with the same idea, but I chose an iPad image as my backdrop. Since I’m all about #edtech, I wanted it to be a tech-related fun and interactive way for others to connect with me, so I got all sorts of crazy and named it “My hiPad”.
As the caption above says, the image below is just an image. If you’d like to open my interactive hiPad, click HERE! You’ll see I’ve included links to my website, my blog, my newsletter, my Twitter account, and more. This was a fun project to start…and I’m already thinking of a few other icons to add. It’s a little like an interactive digital business card for me, but it would be fun to try something like this with students, too.
You all know that I’m a Microsoft girl, so I made this in PowerPoint. (You could absolutely do the same thing in Google Slides.) In order to share it in a way where it’s clickable but not editable by others, here’s what you’ll do:
- Once it’s created and all hyperlinked, click on the Share button at the top right of your PowerPoint
- It will prompt you to save to your OneDrive so that it can generate a link for you
- You want to make the link “view only”, so be sure to uncheck the “can edit” option….then copy the view link
- Add this exact string to the end of your link: &=&action=embedview
- To try it, you’ll want to use a different browser or open an incognito window. Paste in the entire link from your PowerPoint WITH that string of code attached at the end of it (with no spaces). It will open your hiPad in its own interactive screen on which all of the “apps” are clickable.
If you decide to have a little fun and create your own version, I’d love to see it – and so would everybody else! Let’s share to social media by all using the same hashtag #MyhiPad….and it will be a fun way to easily share and find hiPads from creative friends around the world!